Wired 4 Success is a North Shore youth employment program designed specifically for youth, 15 to 30 years of age, with barriers to employment.
The 17 week program, funded by Service Canada, offers a combination of classroom instruction and work experience. Youth are paid to participate in the program based on minimum wage and a 30 hour work week. The program is designed to help youth develop the skills and tools needed to find work, return to school, or a combination of both.
The program takes a holistic approach in looking at the barriers each person faces while teaching basic skills like punctuality, developing a positive work ethic, learning how to take direction, dealing with criticism, and work productivity.
Participants will also receive certification for Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Basic First Aid. Access to other certification is also available as needed depending on condition for employment (e.g., forklift operation, food safe).
To qualify for this program, the following criteria must be met:
- Canadian Citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be 15 to 30 years old
- Not E.I. eligible
- Currently not enrolled in school
- Have barriers to employment
- Referred by Work B.C. or an Aboriginal Employment Agency
- Successfully complete a two phase interview process
- Committed to attending the program Monday to Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm
If you or someone you know is interested in the program or needs more information, contact us at 604-988-1292.