Specialized (Community-Based) Victim Support Services
Hollyburn's Victim Support Program provides a range of support services free of charge to women, children, youth, and men, who have been victims of:
- Relationship violence
- Family violence
- Sexualized assault (recent or historic)
- Criminal harassment.
Our Specialized Services provides a range of support services to families, children, and individuals who have been physically or sexually assaulted, and/or experienced other forms of violence from a family member or partner. Our Victim Support Workers work closely to assist in the recovery from the effects of crime and trauma. We provide community-based support to all residents of the North Shore including North and West Vancouver, and Bowen Island.
Specific services include:
- Counselling Support.
- Referrals to programs such as Stopping the Violence counselling, Children who Witness Abuse counselling, Child and Adolescent Sexual Assault counselling, etc.
- Information about your rights under the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA).
- Reporting options and assisting you to develop a comprehensive safety plan.
- Accessing case specific information which you may request under section 6 and 7 of the VOCA.
- Information and access to the Criminal Justice system, including helping to prepare you for the criminal court process.
- Provide information regarding your options for travel expenses to court and assist with facilitating travel arrangements.
- Assisting with completion of forms such as; Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP), Victim Impact Statement, BC Housing, Income Assistance, and registration with the Victim Safety Unit.
If necessary, services can be provided during non-business hours and/or in a community setting in order to meet your unique circumstances and needs. Coordinated links with multi-language services will be available when required.
Hollyburn Specialized Victim Support direct referral line: 778-855-4566
Individuals may refer themselves or access this services through a referral from a family member, community professional, police officer, or police-based victim service.
Hollyburn also offers fee for service counselling for individuals who have access to Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) funding. For information on our CVAP registered counsellor, please see the Counselling section on our website.